What’s playing at the movie theater these days? Which movies are popular online or from home rental libraries?
This might seem like a big generalization but taking note of what’s popular in these areas can be tremendously helpful in getting your finger on the pulse of hot niche topics.
For example — in recent years there has been a trend for monster and vampire movies. Noticing a trend like this could lead to all sorts of niche ideas. Here’s a few niche ideas I came up with based on the vampire trend:
What ideas will you get next time you go to the movies?
Watching TV to find niche ideas — one of the easiest jobs to fit into your existing schedule. Now you get to watch TV for work!
But how can you find niche ideas from TV shows? Here’s what I do:
- look through the schedules to look for themes
- check out announcements about new series soon to be shown
- see what topics lifestyle shows are focusing on
- find out what talk shows are discussing
- where do spices we take for granted come from?
- how can you enjoy being an explorer while on vacation?
- where in the world is quiet, peaceful and green?
- if you could live anywhere where should it be?
Watching TV can give you niche ideas even while watching the most general of program schedules.Recently I watched a travel show and my niche ideas file grew by these thoughts:
I also watch the top TV show NCIS. These are the niche ideas I gathered from some of the characters in the series:
Gibbs – Boat Building
Abby – Goths
Tony – Classic Movies
McGee – Retro Computers